When I was 6, I wanted to be Barbie.
At 8, I figured out how to draw a daffodil and decided I was going to be the next Rembrandt.
At 10, I advanced to the Sharks level of summer swimming lessons and figured I was destined for the Olympics.
At 12, I found the stage and learned to make people laugh, so I knew I would someday win a Tony or Oscar, or both.
And then life, well, life just happened...and although I had a lot of success, at a lot of different things, I never was able to pull it all together with my true niche until now. This means I'm coming to the table a little late.
But, did you know that...
- Julia Child was a Secret Intelligence operative during WWII and didn't begin her cooking career until she was in her 50s?
- Rodney Dangerfield sold aluminum siding until he made his first appearance on Ed Sullivan at age 46
- Peter Mark Roget was an obsessive list maker to cope with depression until he wrote Roget's Thesaurus at age 72
- Laura Ingalls Wilder published her first "Little House" book at age 65
- Harland Sanders didn't start Kentucky Fried Chicken until he was 62
- Pookie Ryan (aka ME) didn't start running until she was 55, which led to the the idea for Wimpy Girl at age 60.
Never say never...and more importantly, never say you are too old or it's too late for anything!
I LOVE creating content for Wimpy Girl, but drawing, coloring, writing, thinking of funny things, editing, coding, moderating, posting and organizing -- well, it all takes time. That’s why I love, love, LOVE Patreon and the Wimpy Girl Patron Support group who make it possible for me to do what I do!
Patreon, if you’re unfamiliar, is an online platform that allows you to make monthly pledges/donations to your favorite artists and creators! Contributing is totally optional and Wimpy Girl webcomics will always be available for free. But Patreon allows me to connect with followers, hear your ideas, share behind the scenes/extra content and give out fun rewards!
Wimpy Girl Patron Levels on Patreon
Joining our 'lil circle gets you access to exclusive content! Depending on the tier level you get access to:
- Unlimited Wimpy Girl wallpapers and screensavers for your phone or PC
- Access to the Wimpy Girl eCards website on which you can send unlimited special occasion and holiday eCards to friends on social media or via email
- Your name on the Wimpy Girl website
- Early notification of everything going on in Wimpy Girl world, and,
- A special place in my heart and my eternal love and gratitude, if you’re into that kind of thing.
The opinions of the Wimpy Girl Patrons are the ones I value most. Any time I need feedback, ideas, or need direction, the Patrons are my go-to saviors!
Thank you for taking the time to read/look at my stuff, plus allowing me to kick your giggle box around a bit. And whether you are a spring chicken or a late bloomer, If you appreciate Wimpy Girl or are a Wimpy Girl, I'd love for you to be a part of our Circle!
"You are never to old to set another goal, or dream a new dream."